Room additions on your home sometimes involves building a new roof. So when we are building a room addition many times we build the roof too. Some call us the best roofer in San Diego. But in all modesty we are just humble general contractors who try our best to do a great job for our clients. So if you’re not in San Diego county and you are looking for the best roofer in your area then we hope you find this article helpful.
How to Find the Best Roofing Contractor
Table of Contents
Sometimes finding the best roofing contractor means knowing what NOT to look for. And you want to find the best roofer that you can. Because problems with unscrupulous roofers are plaguing unsuspecting home owners. Too many naive home owners fall for fast talking salesmen that convince you they are roofers.
This article outlines how to not fall for the first fast talkers who show up full of low prices and tall promises.
Roofing Contractor Problems
Roofers only Do Roofs: Do you think a dedicated roofer that only does roofs is a specializing expert in roofing? Not always! Some roofers have little to no knowledge and/or experience in construction contracting. Just because a roofer knows how to climb a ladder and nail down shingles that does not make him an expert in roofing! So find a construction contractor who knows all about construction. One that builds entire new homes from the ground up. Like we do at HK Construction. That way you are getting a well rounded expert to do your roof repairs or build your new roof.
Take the Money & Run: The problem is that we are reading more and more about roofing contractors showing up for a quote, putting on a good show with a firm hand shake and a big warm smile, only to take half or even full payment for your roofing project, and then not delivering on the work. Or even worse, doing a terrible job and disappearing into the night with absolutely NO recourse.
Low Quality Materials: To make matters worse, many roofers are using cheap low quality materials that won’t last more than a few years. So without knowing it, you are shortening the life of your new roof!
Take Too Long: Another problem is that when you hire a local roofing contractor to come to your home and work, you really don’t want them around forever do you? Unfortunately, because most roofers take on too many roofing projects at once, they end up pulling roofers from your job in order to complete another project. Leaving you stuck with an unfinished job and a lingering mess around your home for longer than promised.
Rain Gutters: Most roofers don’t do rain gutters. So they either won’t re-install your old ones or provide new gutters as necessary. Find a reputable rain gutter installer and have them do the job for you if your roofing contractor won’t.
Roofers are numerous and you should consider each on their own unique merits. So a lot of research and thought should go into hiring the best roofer in your area.
How to Avoid Getting a Bad Local Roofer
To ensure you get the most qualified local roofer, be sure to ask the right questions.
* Company History: How long have they been in business? Has it been under the same name for that entire period of time? Are they members of any trade associations or the Better Business Bureau?
* Responsiveness: When you call their office does someone answer the phone live or do you have to leave a message? Can they provide you with a time and day of when to schedule your estimate or will someone have to get back to you? Will they provide you with their email or cell phone? Open communication is essential when working on larger projects.
* Technology: What tools are they using to aid in the completion of your roofing project?
* References: At least 10 or more project specific references. Do they have any testimonials?
* Guarantees: Do they guarantee their work? Also, since your time is valuable, do they offer a date of completion guarantee?
* Price: Don’t jump on the lowest bid you get. You often get what you pay for.
We hope you find the best roofer for you and your project. With this information you are now ahead of the curve in your search!
HK Construction of San Diego is a general contractor company and new home builder. What that means is we have extensive experience in all phases of construction, including roofing. So call us for a free roofing repair or new roof quote for your San Diego CA home or business.
HK Construction is an A+ Rated member of the San Diego Better Business Bureau (BBB), has many fine reviews on Yelp and video reviews on YouTube.
Company: HK Construction, Inc.
Owner: Marc Gieselmann
Location, Poway, CA.