You may be faced with the task of adding internal rooms to your existing home due to a variety of reasons like growing families or change of needs. You have to accommodate the changes in your family by making your house accommodate all the needs of you and your family.
It is not always possible to move to another house when you find that your existing one is not able to match your growing needs. And with some homes adding more square footage is not an option either due to cost and budgeting, lack of yard space to expand into or perhaps dealing with an obstinate home owner’s association.
Making rooms additions to the inside your home is viable and a great economic option for expanding the usable square footage of your home without the higher expense of adding more square feet to the outside of you home.
What’s involved in an internal room addition?
The easiest way to add a room inside your home is to split one large room into two smaller rooms. This is done as simply as construction a wall between them. Then adding closets, cupboards, fixtures, etc. We also add electrical outlets to the new walls. We can add a bathroom into an existing bedroom for example. Or split a great room and make two bedrooms. We can convert unused attic space into a loft or enclosed room. We can add rooms inside your garage. The possibilities are nearly endless!
Before going for internal additions you must be very clear about the nature of the additions you want to make to your home, and how it is going to add to its utility value. For this you must select the right construction company who are having long standing in the construction industry and have particular experience in making internal room additions as this calls for great amount of creativity and impeccable workmanship to complete the room additions in the right manner.
You must understand that the room additions when done in the right manner will be able to boost the utility value of your home tremendously and at the same time if you fail to entrust the room additions work to an experienced contractor you may lose a lot of its utility and all the time and money you spent on the project will go waste.
The contractor you choose to do the internal room addition project must have:
- Long standing in the construction industry
- Must have highly experienced team of construction professionals backed by latest knowledge of the current technical advances in the field
- Must have all the proper equipment and must have the right knowledge of the latest trends and materials available in the market
- Must have special knowledge and experience in constructing internal room additions and must have completed many similar projects to the utmost satisfaction of the customers (good reviews)
- Must have all the legal knowledge and must be able to apply for and get all the permits, licenses and registrations to complete your room addition project in a legal and hassle free manner
- When you have decided to go for internal room addition in your home you will have a rough idea of the type of additions you want to make, the nature of alterations you need to do, and the look and feel of the new room after the project is completed.
- Finally, your internal room additions contractor must be able to provide the right and the valuable inputs to you in developing your project as per the latest trends and design specifics.
- In addition to creating the basic floor plan, lay out of equipment, the color scheme for the newly created room and furnishings for the same your contractor must be able to take care of flooring works, electrical circuitry and installation of the equipment and appliances, plumbing works and fixtures installation, ventilation and air-conditioning etc.
Since 1990, HK Construction is a popular choice among home owners and property managers for all types of construction work. Various examples of internal room additions include (but are not limited to):
- Adding bedrooms
- More bathrooms
- Creating man caves and game rooms
- Adding home bar rooms
- Creating a game room from out of an existing room or built up space
- Creating a practically useful room out of your empty attic space
- Making functionally appropriate room additions for seniors and disabled
- Converting a vaulted ceiling into a loft area or remodeling an existing loft
Due to our extensive experience in room additions and home remodeling, along with all the glowing reviews from recent satisfied customers, we feel HK Construction is your best choice for all your internal room additions and home remodeling needs. We are available in and around San Diego and all of San Diego County. Great service in completing your room additions projects in a timely fashion and to your complete satisfaction is assured. Please call Marc Gieselmann on 858-748-6580 for a no- commitment, free consultation and price quote.
Below are some examples of our work, a wine tasting room under construction built into an existing family room.