About HK Construction: Our Core Values and How we Treat our Customers
Abut HK Construction, Inc: We are a general contractor firm that does home remodeling and new construction in San Diego, CA. As a family business since 1990 we value long term relationships with our customers, our business associates, and in our personal lives.
Marc Gieselmann, is the founder and the owner of HK Construction. He named his company after his kids. “H” for Hollie and “K” for Kyle.
We earn your trust by conducting our business in a simple forthright manner, by keeping our clients fully informed, and if problems arise, we handle them right away. Nothing means more to us than adding another happy client to our ever-growing list.
We do home remodeling, room additions, loft addition, new construction, aging in place, home renovation, business construction services, handicap and elder care additions, roofing, driveways, outdoor remodeling, decks and much more.
No job too big or too small. We can handle it all. See our construction services page for more information.
Why Choose HK Construction as your San Diego General Contractor?
Honest, Affordable and Dependable
- Honest: We do what we say we’ll do. Straight up truth. We don’t cut corners or lie to gain a job. Because it’s just not worth it in the end. Not for us or for you the customer.
- Affordable: We’re in this for the long run. We work efficiently and buy materials in bulk to keep our costs low so we can pass those savings along to you. Not to say we’re cheap, but we are affordable. Here’s why: When it comes to contractors you get what you pay for. If you select the lowest bid then you will probably receive the lowest quality materials and workmanship.
We fix low cost contractor’s blunders all the time. Paying us to fix a cheap contractor’s mistakes adds to the overall cost you’re paying for the job. Because this is after you’ve already paid the cheap contractor who now won’t return your calls. Not so cheap on option anymore, is it?
So by hiring us as your first contractor we’ll get the job done right the first time. By doing so you save all the added costs, hassles and future headaches.
- Dependable: Goes back to being honest. If we say we’ll be there at a certain time to perform a certain task, then we’ll be there and we’ll do it. You can count on it. That’s just good business.
Get Free Bids and Price Quotes
It’s common practice to get more than one bid when you are building or remodeling your home. So therefore to best serve you we offer our bids free of charge.
It is not unusual to see a range of estimated costs for your project that differ from one contractor’s bid to the next. The reason for this is some contractors do all the work themselves. Some hire subcontractors while others may have a crew that does the work for them. While might be big companies with a lot of overhead. Then there are some that are small. Most have access to a wide range of products that can vary in cost.
Ask about the quality of materials being represented in the bid. The type and value of these resources available to a contractor at the time affects what kind of price is going to be put on a bid for a project. Your choice of a contractor will ultimately determine the success and end result of your project.
Comparing Contractor Quotes
When you are gathering your bids, be sure that you be sure you comparing “apples to apples” from the bids that you receive. Your choice in contractor should not just come down to price. There is a difference between price and cost. Price is what you pay for something upfront. But cost is how much you pay in the long run.
These are all very important factors to consider about a contract before beginning work on your project:
- Consider the reputation of the contractor with reviews and testimonials.
- Know number of years of experience the contractor has.
- Be thorough in determining the quality of the raw materials that will be used.
- Ask about the labor and who will be doing the work.
- Make sure they have the ability to follow through on your project on time and on budget.
Let’s Do This
Check us out online because we have lots of great reviews and testimonials to share. We can show you examples of our great works so that you feel confident about us and in your decision to go with us.
HK Construction is always happy to answer any questions you have. Our desire is for you to find the best reputable, knowledgeable & experienced San Diego general contractor for your home remodel project. Call us today for a free on site bid and/or construction consultation. 858-748-6580.
Company: HK Construction, Inc.
Owner: Marc Gieselmann
Location: Poway, CA.
Service area: All of San Diego CA and surrounding cites and counties. See complete service areas list.
NARI Member and BBB A+ Rated
HK Construction is a long time NARI member in good standing. So you know we are the real deal. Additionally we maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Because we believe your satisfaction as a customer it our top priority!
HK Construction is Member of NARI and BBB