Sometimes finding the best roofing contractor means knowing what NOT to look for. Problems with unscrupulous roofers are plaguing unsuspecting San Diego home owners. Too many unsuspecting home owners fall for the first slick, fast talking roofer that shows up in an old beat up pickup truck, full of low prices and tall promises.
This article will outline how to not fall for the first slick, fast talking roofer that shows up full of low prices and tall promises.
Roofing Contractor Problems
The problem is that we are reading more and more about roofing contractors showing up for a quote, putting on a good show with a firm hand shake and a big warm smile, only to take half or even full payment for your San Diego roofing project, and then not delivering on the work. Or even worse, doing a terrible job and disappearing into the night with absolutely NO recourse.
To make matters worse, many San Diego roofers are using cheap low quality materials that won’t last more than a few years. Without knowing it, you are shortening the life of your new roof! Another problem is that when you hire a San Diego roofing contractor to come to your home and work, you really don’t want them around forever do you?
Unfortunately, because most San Diego roofers take on too many roofing projects at once, they end up pulling roofers from your job in order to complete another project. Leaving you stuck with an unfinished job and a lingering mess around your home for longer than promised.
San Diego roofers are numerous and should each be considered on their own unique merits. A lot of research and thought should go into hiring a San Diego roofing contractor.
Roofers Only Do Roofs
Do you think a dedicated roofer that only does roofs is a specialized expert in roofing? Not always! Some roofers have little to no knowledge and/or experience in construction contracting. Just because a roofer knows how to climb a ladder and nail down shingles that does not make him an expert in roofing! Find a construction contractor who knows all about construction. One that builds entire new homes from the ground up. That way you are getting a well rounded expert to do your roof repairs or build your new roof.
How to Avoid Getting a Bad San Diego Roofer
To ensure you get the most qualified San Diego roofer, be sure to ask the right questions.
* Company History: How long have they been in business? Has it been under the same name for that entire period of time? Are they members of any trade associations or the Better Business Bureau?
* Responsiveness: When you called their office did someone answer the phone live or did you have to leave a message? Can they provide you with a time and day of when to schedule your estimate or will someone have to get back to you? Will they provide you with their email or cell phone? Open communication is essential when working on larger projects.
* Technology: What tools are they using to aid in the completion of your San Diego roofing project?
* References: At least 10 or more project specific references. Do they have any testimonials?
* Guarantees: Do they guarantee their work? Also, since your time is valuable, do they offer a date of completion guarantee?
San Diego roofers are numerous and should be considered different from each other and judged on their own merits. Don’t jump on the lowest bid you get. You often get what you pay for. HK Construction of San Diego is a general contractor company and new home builder. What that means is we have extensive experience in all phases of construction, including roofing. Call us for a free roofing repair or new roof estimate for your San Diego CA home or business.
Adding a second story on your home involves building a new roof.
In the short video below you’ll see a few examples of our roof building skills.